Forum » Last.fm Client Support

Last.fm not scrobbling iTunes 10.1.0.54 [FIXED]

• Last.fm not scrobbling iTunes 10.1.0.54 [FIXED]

A dialog box came up asking me to update iTunes, and so I did, and restarted my computer. After that, I opened iTunes, and the last.fm client didn't open along with it as it usually does, it also doesn't detect my plays from iTunes or my iPod anymore. HELP! =O

Staff edit: Please see below for the fix.

StudleyUK said:
    We've now pushed this same plugin 3.0.4 update to all scrobbler users with iTunes. Simply restart the Last.fm desktop client or select Tools > Get Plugin, and the update will appear if you need it.

If you're having problems with the automatic update process, you can download the plugin yourself from here.

Don't forget to restart iTunes once the new plugin is installed.

Modifié par un utilisateur supprimé le 15 nov. 2010, 16h29m
    • szybcia a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 12 nov. 2010, 21h12m
    Having the same problem... I tried googling but this is the only topic I found so far.

Is Apple doing it on purpose, to get people using their Ping whatever thing?
    If so, this is BIG fail...

• Ziomek2000 a dit :...
    • Modérateur
    • 12 nov. 2010, 21h15m
    Try reinstalling the plugin. In the Last.fm Scrobbler go to Tools=>Get plugin.

Facet zaprosił mnie do kina i w połowie drogi pyta mnie: "A stać Cię na bilet..."?...i tak ma być.

FAQ Legal Terms and Policies Polskie forum pomocy The English forum Support Music Manager Music Manager - support System Status
    • Utilisateur
    • 12 nov. 2010, 21h17m
    Ziomek - first thing I tried - no joy.

• szybcia said:
    Ziomek - first thing I tried - no joy.

same.

• [Utilisateur supprimé] a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 12 nov. 2010, 21h27m

Same issue but only on Windows

I don't have that issue on my Mac though, last.fm is still scrobbling on it even after that iTunes update. :-/

• Modérateur
    • 12 nov. 2010, 21h38m
    Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7?

Facet zaprosił mnie do kina i w połowie drogi pyta mnie: "A stać Cię na bilet..."?...i tak ma być.

FAQ Legal Terms and Policies Polskie forum pomocy The English forum Support Music Manager Music Manager - support System Status
    • Utilisateur
    • 12 nov. 2010, 21h39m
    Windows 7 from my side.

• koleypunch a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 12 nov. 2010, 21h40m
    I'm having the same issue, also on Windows 7

• Windows 7 for me as well.

• Modérateur
    • 12 nov. 2010, 21h45m
    Try this. This procedure is for Windows XP and Vista. The same procedure applies for Windows 7 (directory names may be different).

• Utilisateur
    • 12 nov. 2010, 21h55m
    No luck :/
    I followed the steps exactly, still no scrobbling.

And I actually get my hopes high already, cause i read comments that it works, but i thought I'm reading this topic :D

• Ziomek2000 said:
    Try reinstalling the plugin. In the Last.fm Scrobbler go to Tools=>Get plugin.

I can't even get into last.fm long enough to do that

• Utilisateur
    • 12 nov. 2010, 22h04m
    Well, I just uninstall last.fm scrobbler totally from the system.
    Restarted, downloaded new installation (just for sure), installed - nothing.

Epsilon - I don't understand what you;re saying - you can't get into last.fm for long enough to do that?
    Maybe you're having different problem.
    For me last.fm scrobbler seems to be working just fine, just doesn't pick up what iTunes is playing.

I checked Winamp, and this works fine so I'm sure there's something with the iTunes update. Just before update it worked perfectly fine.

• Modérateur
    • 12 nov. 2010, 22h09m
    All: Go to folder where you installed Last.fm Scrobbler. Find file Cleaner.exe and run it. This program will reset your settings from Last.fm Scrobbler. Then, run Last.fm Scrobbler. Enter your user data. Then, download plugin for iTunes and run iTunes.

• Utilisateur
    • 12 nov. 2010, 22h14m
    Still no joy, sorry...

• I've tried the cleaner and various uninstall/reinstall methods for iTunes 10.1 and Last.FM Scrobbler and still no luck. Doesn't scrobble, doesn't store anything.

Any time I go to tools>plugin everything is unticked. If I tick it, it downloads the plugin and it still doesn't work, when you go back to tools>plugin everything is unticked. Same applies when you go to 'add' and find the root file for iTunes. 'Enable Scrobbling' is ticked in Scrobbler, but if i recall correctly there used to be a similar option in iTunes itself in one of the dropdown menus (anyone on an old version of iTunes confirm?) but that doesn't appear to be there. I've exhausted most, if not all suggestions and no luck at all.

• wildcelt a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 12 nov. 2010, 22h20m
    @Ziomek2000 I just followed your instructions and it still does not work.

@all: Those having the issue, are you running Windows 7 64 bit? I had a difficult time installing iTunes 10.1 and had to shoehorn it in. I wonder if there is something wonky with the 64 bit build?

• Utilisateur
    • 12 nov. 2010, 22h23m
    Wildcelt - nope - mine's 32 bit.

• paulbd a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 12 nov. 2010, 22h29m
    I too have tried all these bits of advance and yet my iTunes continues not to scrobble

• Wildcelt - Im on 64bit Win 7 but iTunes installs without any issue, as does Scrobbler, it's just a shame that neither of them work! Would be interesting to know what other issues people are having and if they're consistent across 32/64bit.

• I'm on 64bit too, and the same as above... everything installs fine with no issues... just doesn't wanna reconise me playing from itunes now.

• MattC13 a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 12 nov. 2010, 22h39m
    Won't work for me either. Probably have to wait for the scrobbler to have an update.

• Spenner33 a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 12 nov. 2010, 22h50m
    Having the same problem, tried everything i can but no luck.
    One thing i have noticed is that if you run the diagnostic for ipod scrobbling, it will show your plays, and you can manually scrobble them from there. But that only seems to be when an ipod is plugged in.
    Running Windows 7, 64 bit.

• auldheid a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 12 nov. 2010, 22h53m
    Same problem, and I'm running XP on PC and Vista on laptop

Les utilisateurs anonymes ne peuvent pas poster de messages. Merci de vous connecter ou de créer un compte pour pouvoir intervenir dans les forums.