Forum » Client Support

Scrobbling change the artist name of the tracks I listen to

    • mr_maxis a dit :...
    • Modérateur
    • 5 oct. 2010, 13h51m

    Scrobbling change the artist name of the tracks I listen to

    I have some scrobbling issues that I don't understand.

    Here is the thing:
    I scrobble this compilation on Winamp.
    This compilation can be founded on (with incorrect tags) here: Jazz in Paris

    My ID3 tags are correct, I untag then re-tag them using Picard.

    So when I play the tracks, the correct title is shown in the client and on in my "Recently Listened Tracks" with the " Listening now".

    BUT when the track ends the artist name changes to Saxophones à Saint-Germain des Prés without any autocorrection asterisk

    Here are 2 screenshots:
    - during the play of the track
    - when the next track is played

    Here what's says

    1. Is it an autocorrection? If yes, why is there no asterisk?
    2. Is it because of the PUID?
    3. Why can't you update the change made in MB to correct what's on, since they are linked?
    4. How can I fix this?

    This post will be locked to avoid the "Yes, it happens to me too" comment

    • evilrix a dit :...
    • Alumni
    • 5 oct. 2010, 17h35m
    According to your scrobble database you listened to both, but both also show up in your corrections table.

    1Saxophones à Saint-Germain des Prés – Penitas de AmorSaxophones à Saint-Germain des Prés - Jazz in Paris2010-10-05 13:15:24

    2Saxophones à Saint-Germain des Prés – I Only Have Eyes for YouSaxophones à Saint-Germain des Prés - Jazz in Paris2010-10-05 13:13:05

    Something seems a little odd about that but I don't know enough about the corrections process to know if that is right or not. Hopefully this info will assist whoever looks at this who does.

    • mr_maxis a dit :...
    • Modérateur
    • 5 oct. 2010, 22h16m
    I've done some research with Babs_05 & Skiye.

    So I changed my MP3 name from "01. Hubert Fol - A Fine Romance.mp3" to "01. Test Artist - TITLE blabla.mp3" and same thing for the ID3 tags (v1 & v2). You can download it here.

    When I play it with Winamp (or any other player) it shows "Test Artist - TITLE blabla" in the client and in the "Listening now" section on my profile. So everything works fine until now.

    When the track play ends, it's now display as "Saxophones à Saint-Germain des Prés – A Fine Romance" (here are the scrobbles in my library) in my "Recently Listened Tracks".

    When I looked at the I saw:
    [101005 21:28:52] "101005 21:28:52" - "3900" - FingerprintQueryRequest::start ( 94 ) - L4
    Which is correct because it's
    FTR the answer is "13276702 FOUND" so FingerprintID=13276702 I guess.

    BUT doesn't correct it to "Hubert Fol" like in MB but to "Saxophones à Saint-Germain des Prés" which was the artist in MB before 19 Sep 2006 (you need an account in MB to see it) here is what its says:
    Editor: Editorjpennycook
    Edit ID: 5601208
    Status: Change applied
    Opened: 17 Sep 2006 02:42:26
    Expired: 24 Sep 2006 02:42:26
    Closed: 19 Sep 2006 08:05:49

    Type: Convert Release to Multiple Artists
    Artist: Deleted Artist
    Release: Jazz in Paris: Saxophones à Saint-Germain-des-Prés

    Old: Deleted Artist
    New: Various Artists
    I assume that "Deleted Artist" was "Saxophones à Saint-Germain des Prés"

    So is using a MB database of 4 years old!!!

Les utilisateurs anonymes ne peuvent pas poster de messages. Merci de vous connecter ou de créer un compte pour pouvoir intervenir dans les forums.