Forum » Last.fm Client Support

anyway to quickly submit tracks?

• erictanner a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 12 oct. 2006, 23h03m

anyway to quickly submit tracks?

I listen to alot of music away from the computer So I would like my listening habits away from the comp reflected on my charts. I just started doing this by making a playlist of everything i listened to and then let winamp run all night. Is there a way I can just submit the tracks without having to play each individual song in its entirety?

• Jester-NL a dit :...
    • Modérateur
    • 13 oct. 2006, 7h16m
    Nope.
    The basic idea is that you submit tracks you listen to, not the ones you heard throughout your (musical) life before you joined.

Remember to say "thank you" for the things you haven't had
    • simulacra a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 13 oct. 2006, 7h17m
    i'm sorry, it's not possible.

the song doesn't have to be played whole to get submitted, but its essential part, yes.

//edit: beaten again... :P :))

• simulacra said:

Untrue.

I know a way but it's pretty long-winded.

It involves manually editting the XML cache file so it takes ages to do for a week's worth of listening data. Also it's easy to make a mistake as you need to be extremely careful with formatting.

Because I'm in the same boat as the OP (my MP3 player doesn't store playlist info that can be scrobbled) I do the same thing and create a playlist to run all night.

I'm currently trying to enlist the help of a programmer to provide a better solution using one or two ideas I have.

I'm sure it'd be fairly easy for someone with programming know-how.

• simulacra a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 13 oct. 2006, 10h07m
    okay: anything is possible for a hacker or anyone who wants to get around, and spends time enough on it.

but it's still not possible when using regular tools for scrobbling... i believe there are good reasons for this. making such a "solution" easy-to-use would mean that certain amount of people would use it for screwing the stats... i mean, last.fm is to record the music you are listening to, not the music you want to look like you're listening.

• simulacra said:
    i believe there are good reasons for this. making such a "solution" easy-to-use would mean that certain amount of people would use it for screwing the stats... i mean, last.fm is to record the music you are listening to, not the music you want to look like you're listening.

Yeah I do agree with that.
    There are several users that are already spamming submissions.

But on the other hand, as has been shown, there are genuine justifiable reasons why this would/ could be a good thing.

It depends on how much you care about the possibility that something like this could (would) be abused by the immoral minority. ;)

• [Utilisateur supprimé] a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 14 oct. 2006, 0h35m
    Extreme_One said:
    simulacra said:

Untrue.

I know a way but it's pretty long-winded.

yey, I also know a way how to get a free subscription...

no, I don't :)

• Hatebreeder667 said:

yey, I also know a way how to get a free subscription...

no, I don't :)

^ And if I enlarge your last sentence I'm wondering if you're calling me a liar. :P

Les utilisateurs anonymes ne peuvent pas poster de messages. Merci de vous connecter ou de créer un compte pour pouvoir intervenir dans les forums.