Forum » In the News

Microsoft to bring scrobbling to Facebook anytime soon?

• YWLvanDuyn a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 25 avr. 2012, 17h43m

Microsoft to bring scrobbling to Facebook anytime soon?

I just read this article and it got me thinking about Last.fm not having a good connection to Facebook (yet?):

http://www.reghardware.com/2012/04/25/microsoft_takes_on_spotify_with_sound_of_woodstock/

Here a more detailed article (also linked in the previous one):

http://www.theverge.com/2012/4/25/2973682/microsoft-xbox-live-music-service-codename-woodstock-e3-2012

Especially this gets me on my nerves about Microsoft taking over Last.fm's business:

the service won't require any browser plugins and is said to integrate deeply with Facebook, allowing friends to build group playlists and share tracks.
    and

An additional "scan and match" function, similar to iTunes Match, is also being tested [...] to allow users to identify their existing music collection in the service.

It's still quite some time before they will come with it, and I don't think their new Zune device (if there will be one) will be any better than the previous one, but with the punching power with the cash at hand by Microsoft, I certainly hope it won't affect Facebook users unknown to Last.fm, to find and use or utilize Last.fm. :/

Well, that's that, give it some thought, anyone?

-= Fight, Win, Prevail =-
    • SaoCartel a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 25 avr. 2012, 18h29m

Re: Microsoft to bring scrobbling to Facebook anytime soon?

YWLvanDuyn said:
    Especially this gets me on my nerves about Microsoft taking over Last.fm's business:

It's what happens when you make a product and don't continuously make it relevant.

As for the Zune, it's an okay player but for me, nothing tops a Cowon.

Les utilisateurs anonymes ne peuvent pas poster de messages. Merci de vous connecter ou de créer un compte pour pouvoir intervenir dans les forums.