Forum » Feedback and Ideas

May 19th site update

• FofR a dit :...
    • Alumni
    • 19 mai 2011, 16h44m

May 19th site update

Hello!

We've just rolled out a couple of features for you which we've been working hard on over Easter.

Facebook integration on signup: New users can now link their Facebook account to Last.fm and quickly get their profiles up and running. Any artists you've liked on Facebook can be quickly imported to your new profile. You can also bring across your Facebook profile pic, name, birthdate and location. Of course all of this information is editable, and you can select only the details you want to import, or alternatively skip the whole thing. We're working on a "friend finder" feature too, which we'll mention more about in a few weeks time.

Facebook Send button: Not in this release, but recently, we also included an update to our Facebook like buttons, changing them to "Recommend" and including the new Send button that lets you send items to specific friends on Facebook.

Help our scientists with music research: You may have seen this on the blog already, our playground has been updated with two new experiments researching automated tempo estimation and audio complexity. Check out our blog posts and get involved. See Audio flowers and musical complexity and Slow or Fast?.

Hitting the play button: Until today pressing play on our radio page without entering anything in the form wouldn't do anything, that didn't seem right. We've changed that so it'll now play the sweet sounds of your previously played station.

Bug fixes: We've also included a few of the usual bug fixes around the place. Notably, sharing images with Facebook has improved and Music Manager has some registration tweaks.

That's all for now

— Team Last.fm.

• Tecfan a dit :...
    • Event Moderator
    • 19 mai 2011, 16h52m
    friend finder. "soon". yes :D

If you're into /, you might enjoy my (free) tracks: Tecfan
    • macca7174 a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 19 mai 2011, 17h19m
    Can established users not Connect with Facebook?

http://jamesmcanespy.co.uk

• caioenzo a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 19 mai 2011, 17h23m
    macca7174 disse:
    Can established users not Connect with Facebook?

http://jamesmcanespy.co.uk

i've got the same question.

Dont you go quietly unto your grave!!!! #Morphine
    • pellitero a dit :...
    • Équipe Last.fm
    • 19 mai 2011, 17h42m
    " Connecting your existing Last.fm account to Facebook has not been released yet, but will be soon – don’t worry, the love is not just for new users!"

http://blog.last.fm/2011/05/19/introducing-facebook-connect-to-lastfm#comments

• rwitte a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 19 mai 2011, 18h45m
    Thanks for the update as usual. Bug fixes are always very welcome.

• akrde a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 19 mai 2011, 19h15m
    Thanks, tracking now... :)

• [I'm repeating the post on the blog.]

I'm not interested in anything where FB could take data from my profile. If I wish don't get control with my data, I will use FB for that.

I would prefer better improvements in the page as in the database artists too: better name-artists-concordance & corrections, better radio-recommendations (as Pandora, e.g.), etc.
    Will be good too to renew the application desktop (waiting for the promise for a new revision since ages),...

I'm the only one who think this way?

• Woo, friend finder soon :)

• snyde1 a dit :...
    • Abonné
    • 19 mai 2011, 22h53m
    followingsun said:
    No, you're not.

Improve your view of Last.fm - add some User Scripts.
    Did I hear that right? Mondegreens - for the misheard word. Like Odds? Can't get better than Even Odds!

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
    • Maddieman a dit :...
    • Équipe Last.fm
    • 20 mai 2011, 11h07m
    I'm not interested in anything where FB could take data from my profile.

It's strictly optional, and one way - to quote Matt Sheret from the blog:

"we won’t be ‘giving’ any information to Facebook if you use the feature at sign-up; it’s basically to import some of the bands and artists people have already filled out their FB profiles with to kickstart recommendations for new users."

• dankine a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 20 mai 2011, 11h10m
    snyde1 said:
    followingsun said:
    No, you're not.
    Agreed. You gotta kowtow to the (moron) masses though.

• boomman a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 21 mai 2011, 12h09m
    Was there something done with fonts? Or Recently Listened Tracks? I feel something is different, but cannot explicitly point at anything.

Except maybe now Recently Listened Tracks are blue when I hover mouse over them. Was that intentional?

BTW, FF4.

• sebassjee a dit :...
    • Abonné
    • 23 mai 2011, 21h51m
    I can't wait for those fb-features and the "friend-finder"-thingy! <3

• AProvencio a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 24 mai 2011, 19h35m
    What about the other side, i mean is it possible to like artists in facebook based on the artists i like on last.fm ?

• [spam]

[removed]

Modifié par foreverautumn le 27 mai 2011, 9h18m
    • Maddieman a dit :...
    • Équipe Last.fm
    • 27 mai 2011, 11h13m
    Reposted from the blog:

AProvencio – yes you can now do this.

On any artist, album, or track page, simply click the new Facebook ‘Recommend’* button, and this will now post the artist to your Facebook wall and add them to your Music section in your profile (under Arts and entertainment).

You can remove them from your Facebook profile by going to Profile -> Info -> Arts and Entertainment -> Edit. Click on the item and then click ‘Remove’.

• chatterer a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 28 mai 2011, 21h16m
    its not a bug, its a feature :(

Der Strom wird erst durch den Körper gejagt und dann durch die Beine. -= A.C. Leuchter =-
    • [Utilisateur supprimé] a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 4 août 2011, 21h38m

When oh when?

When can existing users link up profiles to Facebook?

• dausounds a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 6 août 2011, 14h00m
    Maddieman said:
    On any artist, album, or track page, simply click the new Facebook ‘Recommend’* button, and this will now ... add them to your Music section in your profile (under Arts and entertainment).

no longer work :(

Les utilisateurs anonymes ne peuvent pas poster de messages. Merci de vous connecter ou de créer un compte pour pouvoir intervenir dans les forums.