• Tecfan a dit :...
    • Event Moderator
    • 7 nov. 2009, 10h52m

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: CBS says ...

Babs_05 said:
    Tecfan said:
    Babs_05 said:
    CrybKeeper said:

Also, I get e-mailed SEC filings from most corporations I follow, so I know exactly what the company is gaining or losing quarterly. ;)
    I catch that in Google News. Does make for fascinating reading, totally agree. :)

ahh, so this is where you find all this Last.fm stuff you stumble :>
    Yes! Been telling everyone for ages. I love it. I set up email alerts and try to keep up. Google News doesn't capture everything but it's a good start.

Thanks for this, I'll set up some alerts as well.. I do use Google Alerts on my own name/my band's name, though ^^.

If you're into /, you might enjoy my (free) tracks: Tecfan
    • crsurf a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 12 nov. 2009, 17h20m

lost my Reggae Radio widget

I had visitors from my website playing the Last.fm radio widgit that I placed in a popup. After the 4th it stopped working, and so now I just link it to my own radio station, CrSurf.

But the radio widget still works on the Last.fm blog? You would figure they want to keep it, since people might buy the track they're listening too.

Looking through the new features, the link for the radio widget goes back to charts, so I guess I'll have to wait to find out if they are keeping it or making something better.

• [Utilisateur supprimé] a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 12 nov. 2009, 22h30m
    Why do some of my Michael Jackson plays get scrobbled wrongly; for example, as Bad? This is despite all my tags being correct in my iTunes...could this be fixed at all? As it means that my plays for certain Michael Jackson albums - Bad, Thriller, Dangerous and especially Off The Wall - are spread across numerous artists, despite me not tagging them so...

• snyde1 a dit :...
    • Abonné
    • 12 nov. 2009, 22h57m
    ThomasMayhew said:
    Why do some of my Michael Jackson plays get scrobbled wrongly; for example, as Bad? This is despite all my tags being correct in my iTunes...could this be fixed at all? As it means that my plays for certain Michael Jackson albums - Bad, Thriller, Dangerous and especially Off The Wall - are spread across numerous artists, despite me not tagging them so...
    If you use winamp: there is a bug in winamp that passes the wrong artist name to the scrobbling client. I'm not sure if that's fixed yet.

Improve your view of Last.fm - add some User Scripts.
    Did I hear that right? Mondegreens - for the misheard word. Like Odds? Can't get better than Even Odds!

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
    • [Utilisateur supprimé] a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 13 nov. 2009, 17h06m
    snyde1 said:
    ThomasMayhew said:
    If you use winamp: there is a bug in winamp that passes the wrong artist name to the scrobbling client. I'm not sure if that's fixed yet.

I use iTunes..

• Event Moderator
    • 13 nov. 2009, 17h27m
    was the event tags a new feature in this update?

• brtkrbzhnv a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 15 nov. 2009, 21h57m

Re:November 4th site update

acreature said:
    This lets us take care of our image charts

Well, they're not working for me, except for the "recent tracks" one. It's been this way at least for a few days, I think. Iexplore says "HTTP 500" for http://imagegen.last.fm/brtpinkyleft/artists/brtkrbzhnv.gif.

last.fm#DIV(class=messageSig)
    • flaneur a dit :...
    • Alumni
    • 15 nov. 2009, 23h25m

Re: Re:November 4th site update

Tecfan said:
    was the event tags a new feature in this update?

Good eye! Yup, we snuck those in too.

brtkrbzhnv said:
    Well, they're not working for me, except for the "recent tracks" one. It's been this way at least for a few days, I think. Iexplore says "HTTP 500" for http://imagegen.last.fm/brtpinkyleft/artists/brtkrbzhnv.gif.

Thanks for spotting that, the non-recent tracks charts should be working again now. Shout if you have any problems.

• Event Moderator
    • 17 nov. 2009, 22h00m

Re:Re: Re: Re: Re: CBS says ...

Babs_05 said:
    Tecfan said:
    Babs_05 said:
    CrybKeeper said:

Also, I get e-mailed SEC filings from most corporations I follow, so I know exactly what the company is gaining or losing quarterly. ;)
    I catch that in Google News. Does make for fascinating reading, totally agree. :)

ahh, so this is where you find all this Last.fm stuff you stumble :>
    Yes! Been telling everyone for ages. I love it. I set up email alerts and try to keep up. Google News doesn't capture everything but it's a good start.

thanks to this I found this:
    ""We couldn't be more excited about it," added Regan. "Even though we have large community its not as large as we'd like it to be still, so tapping into Xbox and their passionate users is a great fit and will enrich the Last.fm community of 35 million plus."

35 million users plus. (relevant to page 1 discussions) :>

• Babs_05 a dit :...
    • Modérateur
    • 18 nov. 2009, 0h01m
    It's been 35+ million most of this year. (which means it could possibly be higher now, or will be, especially with HD radio and XBox 360 exposure).

• snyde1 a dit :...
    • Abonné
    • 18 nov. 2009, 2h15m
    If that's really the case, howcome you lot are the only ones I ever see here? B-)

Improve your view of Last.fm - add some User Scripts.
    Did I hear that right? Mondegreens - for the misheard word. Like Odds? Can't get better than Even Odds!

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
    • WichitaQ a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 18 nov. 2009, 15h45m
    because a huge number of people either aren't interested in forums, or they don't know that forums exist.

btw, congrats on the recent marketing improvements!

• akrde a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 18 nov. 2009, 17h34m

Re:November 4th site update

acreature said:
    We'll be back in 2 weeks with another update.

Where is it?

• Event Moderator
    • 18 nov. 2009, 17h56m

akrde said:
    acreature said:

Where is it?

looks like it's on the forums.. ^^. links to other support forums.

• acreature a dit :...
    • Alumni
    • 18 nov. 2009, 18h38m

akrde said:
    acreature said:

Where is it?

Have some patience! It's up now. :)

• I'll really miss the Facebook app.

• StepTb a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 6 jan. 2010, 9h54m

acreature said:
    This lets us take care of our image charts

Not working since weeks ago, how's that?

EDIT: ok, now they're working again, thanks :)

• jellian a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 26 fév. 2010, 22h43m
    The loss of the radio widget for my social netorking pages has really FACKED me off big time. I feel like quitting the internet forever.

• jsab0 a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 28 fév. 2010, 6h13m
    The old "recently played" and "quilt" flash widgets were waaaay better than the new one and any others that I've been able to find. Was it really necessary to get rid of them and is it really that much trouble to keep them around?

The ones I currently have embedded still work but it would be nice to be able to update them.

Coo coo ca choo!
  • retired widgets

• Retirement of widgets & Facebook apps.
    Widgets and the Facebook apps have been around for a while now, but haven't been well-maintained recently as our focus shifted to building up the Last.fm API platform (and the 3rd party apps/widgets/tools it enables).
    As of today they won't be available any more. But don't despair! This lets us take care of our image charts, and there's a lot of third-party apps built using our API that are way cooler than our widgets ever were. Check out Build for some examples, and Facebook's application directory too.

i just have found out about this, and must say that is big bummer and step back in inovation.
    They new chart thingies , look horrible. and are no more then links to the refered pages here on last.fm.

I can understand that streaming music through the old flash widgets wouldn't be desireble for Last.FM revenue scheme for artists.
    And that this image type chart thingy, lowers the burden on Last.FM stream servers.

But at least keep that widgets available for the ARTISTS/LABELS themselves within the management console, so they can edit and post that specific type of flash widgets on theire official sites, which may or may not use any api at all!
    BUMMER!

if u guys continue this type of policies, i am afraid that iLike.com will surpasse u at a certain point.

:/

• Kestin a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 29 avr. 2010, 14h51m

Re: retired widgets

RecordFactory said:

• Retirement of widgets & Facebook apps.
    Widgets and the Facebook apps have been around for a while now, but haven't been well-maintained recently as our focus shifted to building up the Last.fm API platform (and the 3rd party apps/widgets/tools it enables).
    As of today they won't be available any more. But don't despair! This lets us take care of our image charts, and there's a lot of third-party apps built using our API that are way cooler than our widgets ever were. Check out Build for some examples, and Facebook's application directory too.

They new chart thingies , look horrible. and are no more then links to the refered pages here on last.fm.

:/

They aren't new, they were here before the Widgets. Which explains their horribleness. I really miss the Widgets, too.

Les utilisateurs anonymes ne peuvent pas poster de messages. Merci de vous connecter ou de créer un compte pour pouvoir intervenir dans les forums.