Forum » Development Discussion

Made a new Last.FM webapp - cmik.fm

• pootzko a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 31 mars 2012, 10h50m

Made a new Last.FM webapp - cmik.fm

Here's the link: http://lastfm.cmikavac.net/

"cmik.fm visualizes your music listening habbits and shows whether you are often burning single songs into your brain by repeating them over and over again or if you prefer listening to different songs of the same artist equally"

basically it's visualization of how much you listen to certain songs on repeat and a little bit of statistics

I used Matts PHP implementation of Last.FM API so most of the data fetching is server-side. (i hope not too many people go to cmik.fm at the same time, I wouldn't like to DDoS my hosting :D)

Any feedback or constructive criticism is welcome. Hope you enjoy it. =)

• spam

spam

Modifié par Babs_05 le 1 avr. 2012, 17h44m
    • tburny a dit :...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 1 avr. 2012, 19h38m
    Like! :)
    You should submit it to http://build.last.fm

Combo.fm: Combine your favourite radio stations! | My Blog | scala-lastfmapi | Cache2k - A high performance Java in-memory cache
    P.S.: Do not click here
    throw new PokemonException(); //Gotta catch 'em all
    My forum post reflects my personal opinion :)
    • Utilisateur
    • 1 avr. 2012, 19h58m
    thanks! glad you like it =)

I submitted it already, got an email with a ticket, and now I'm waiting for a reply :)

• Babs_05 a dit :...
    • Modérateur
    • 1 avr. 2012, 21h15m
    Very nice. :)

PS: habits is spelt with just one 'b'...

• Utilisateur
    • 1 avr. 2012, 21h46m
    thanks for pointing that up, I'll fix it

• Utilisateur
    • 2 avr. 2012, 9h09m
    btw, do you tweet about these new apps that people make over your official twitter profile?

although i'm not sure how smart would that be since the app is quite cpu intensive.. don't know if too many people would go to the site at the same time.. (right after the tweet)

• tburny a dit :...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 3 avr. 2012, 10h29m
    Last.fm is currently re-building the last.fm build site from scratch, so there is a chance that feature can be implemented. I'll ask some staff member.

Combo.fm: Combine your favourite radio stations! | My Blog | scala-lastfmapi | Cache2k - A high performance Java in-memory cache
    P.S.: Do not click here
    throw new PokemonException(); //Gotta catch 'em all
    My forum post reflects my personal opinion :)
  • Cool concept, and I really liked the visualisation too! :)

and just for the record - with only 5 artists I was on the second place in the Hall of Fame ;)

• Utilisateur
    • 3 avr. 2012, 17h07m
    thank you for the comment =)
    it really feels good getting positive feedback from people. hehe

yes that is a bit problematic.. often you will have higher score with lower amount.
    I was thinking of limiting hall of fame to "amount = 50" or making 10 the minimum amount.. but people also often try it out with a higher amount and then there's no going back :D

the thing is also - anyone can query your nickname to get you down the ladder :D

perhaps I'll create separate rank lists for different amounts, I'm not sure yet. I need a bit more users in the db to be able to do that.

Les utilisateurs anonymes ne peuvent pas poster de messages. Merci de vous connecter ou de créer un compte pour pouvoir intervenir dans les forums.