Forum » Web Site Support

Confused by group radio

• MattPerry a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 11 jan. 2006, 4h17m

Confused by group radio

So I joined a group called Classical which says it's for people who like classical music. I clicked on the Group Radio button. Imagine my surprise when the player started playing Parlament. Next. Metallica. Next. U2. Yuck, next. Massive Attack. WTF?

Is something broken? Am I not doing something properly? Shouldn't the radio for a group called Classical, where people are into classical music and discussing it, play classical music? I searched the forums. I read the FAQ. I didn't see anything addressing this so I'm asking here.

• Shof515 a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 11 jan. 2006, 4h30m
    Its because of those artists are on the group charts so they are added to the radio

• MattPerry a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 11 jan. 2006, 5h39m

Re:

What do you mean by "on the group charts?" I'm still new here so I don't understand how everything here works. How does something get on the group charts?

• antiphon a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 11 jan. 2006, 5h48m
    Welcome! You might want to have a look at the FAQ :)

Group radio is basically an amalgamation of the listening habits of every member of the group; since there are few people who listen to just one genre group radio even for such a focused group will naturally end up rather eclectic.

• Monban a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 11 jan. 2006, 17h04m
    If you want a classical music station, you should try tag radio instead of group radio. Head over to and click the 'Global tag radio' button on the right.

Les utilisateurs anonymes ne peuvent pas poster de messages. Merci de vous connecter ou de créer un compte pour pouvoir intervenir dans les forums.