Forum » Web Site Support

Strange Weekly Charts

• Strange Weekly Charts

The weekly chart on my profile home page is showing the chart from Sunday Dec 18 - Sunday Dec 25. This is what I would normally expect, as I normally see updated weekly charts on Monday. When I click the weekly charts link, however, it shows that the latest weekly artist chart is for Dec 25 - Jan 1, 2006.
    The formatting of the chart page looks strange as well:

As you can see, the link for January 2006 appears between February and March 2005. Has the display of this got confused by the new year? Obviously you've got more urgent things to deal with at the moment and this is a minor issue, but I just thought I'd let you know.

• muz a dit :...
    • Alumni
    • 1 jan. 2006, 19h32m
    Seems like the Millenium Bug strikes... 6 years late

• spacefish a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 1 jan. 2006, 19h57m
    Doh. Mine appears between September and October. I just joined in September though so that's where my year starts. Weirdness!

• [Utilisateur supprimé] a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 1 jan. 2006, 21h03m
    I think people will start to complain as well when they notice that the weekly charts only reflects music that was played untill friday... And my experience is that next week the music that was played since friday will not count either. But I can be wrong on that.

• feeder a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 1 jan. 2006, 21h27m
    I have noticed a similar thing before, where my overall charts were updated on the specific charts page but not on my main profile page, but I only ever noticed that once...

Edit: For reference I have the same thing with the weekly chart, and my January is between June and July, which is interesting...

Modifié par feeder le 1 jan. 2006, 21h29m
    • cookiea4 a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 1 jan. 2006, 21h29m
    my charts are all ok, yet the January 2006 weekly ones are displaying after May 2005.

EDIT: ooh, am in my girlfriends account. hers are odd too..

• minusbaby a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 1 jan. 2006, 21h39m
    Oh yeah, mine are wonky, too. It looks like my January 2005 stats are gone. oh boooooo

• DoctorT a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 1 jan. 2006, 21h52m
    For me, January has moved to now be the month after February. It is not marked 2006 and it is still a dead link, just as it was all last year. My weekly charts start with the week of Feb 13 - Feb 20, 2005. My most recent weekly chart is still the one for the week ending Dec 25, 2005.

Music, like language, is universal.
    Modifié par DoctorT le 1 jan. 2006, 21h53m
    • Shof515 a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 1 jan. 2006, 21h53m
    View by Week

* April
    * January
    * May

thats what mine look like

• How could those charts be accurate anyway? All the tracks from Friday night, all of Saturday and Sunday morning haven't been submitted and are in the cache. Well if the charts are updating now, will they update again when at last those tracks will be submitted. Or, God forbid, will we lose those tracks, or will they appear in the next weeks charts or in none at all?

...When a man's his own enemy, it's only because he's too much his own friend...

Charles Dickens (Oliver Twist)
    • Utilisateur
    • 1 jan. 2006, 22h27m
    Basically, I think it works like this:

The weekly charts from 25 dec-1 jan reflect all submitted tracks played in that period. Since the server went down on friday, all that was played since then, is not included in the weekly charts.

Next week, the charts will be generated on jan. 8. All that was submitted from jan. 1 till jan. 8 will make the chart, unless the time-stamp on a tracks says for instance it was played on dec. 31. To me, that sounds logical. It wouldn't make sense to have music included in a weekly chart if it wasn't played during the week.

Of course, this is only an assumption.

Modifié par un utilisateur supprimé le 1 jan. 2006, 22h29m
    • Utilisateur
    • 1 jan. 2006, 22h28m
    EDIT: double post, silly bug again...

• cceuphoria a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 1 jan. 2006, 22h33m

Re:

Quoth DargorDT:
    Next week, the charts will be generated on jan. 8. All that was submitted from jan. 1 till jan. 8 will make the chart, unless the time-stamp on the tracks say for instance it was played on dec. 31. To me, that sounds logical. It wouldn't make sense to have music included in a weekly chart if it wasn't played during the week.

True, but it also doesn't make sense not to have Overall Tracks = Sum of Weekly Tracks (+/- the cache). I think many people assume that is what is going on... in fact, I assumed that is what happened, until you and sodastreamer suggested otherwise.

For the record, my weekly tracks are having the same problem (2005, between Sep & Oct... joined in May, didn't record tracks until Sep)

• Utilisateur
    • 1 jan. 2006, 22h45m
    Oh, when the new site was launched, I did in fact tried to see of the total track count and the sum of all my weekly track charts did match.
    It did not... If I recall, I missed like 500 or 600 songs on a total of around 16.000. So my total track count was higher than the sum of my weekly charts.

• BearT a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 1 jan. 2006, 23h55m

There seem to be more errors

Besides the strange weekly chart behaviour, which might be explainable one of my friends told me today his account seems to be removed anyhow. His username is not in any group he joined, nor in any friends list he used to be.

Might be some strange coincident or there have been really serious server troubles last week, maybe with the (temporary?) loss of data.

As pink as it can be - The Pink Plush Party
  • I think DargorDT is right. As I recall, from a previous time that submissions were down at the end of a week, songs you played while submissions were down will never show up on the weekly charts. The songs played during the downtime, obviously, were not submitted by this morning, but since the timestamp will mark them as last week, they won't be counted toward next week's charts either.

They will, however, eventually be reflected in your main charts, so it's not like they're entirely lost or anything. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is how I remember it happening before.

• cceuphoria a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 3 jan. 2006, 20h28m

Re:

Quoth compossible:
    They will, however, eventually be reflected in your main charts, so it's not like they're entirely lost or anything.

Unless they are below the top 300 threshhold, in which case they might be reflected but you'll never see their reflection.

• wrong order of months problem still exists...not on user charts but on group charts... in fact i am seeing two januaries... always as second(and third) months on the list

I am a cluster 1 boy
    groups you should join
    Radioheads _Not_our_top_artist|Coldplay is not our top artist|Elliott
    • Russ a dit :...
    • Alumni
    • 8 jan. 2006, 23h39m
    Bleh, we didn't even think about group charts...

• Utilisateur
    • 8 jan. 2006, 23h41m
    just wondeering..are you going to be working on a fix for next year so we dont have this problem again

• well i am always ready to point out (and laugh at?) your mistakes ;)

I am a cluster 1 boy
    groups you should join
    Radioheads _Not_our_top_artist|Coldplay is not our top artist|Elliott
    • lozzd a dit :...
    • Alumni
    • 9 jan. 2006, 2h48m

Re:

Quoth Shof515:
    just wondeering..are you going to be working on a fix for next year so we dont have this problem again

I'm guessing the code fix will mean yearly changes will work properly. Wow, are you going to complain this far in advance? ;)

Want a fully customisable sig (like above?) CLICK HERE!
    Insert disclaimer here.
    • Utilisateur
    • 9 jan. 2006, 2h59m
    no...but it will be an annoying bug to fix every year :P

• flaneur a dit :...
    • Alumni
    • 9 jan. 2006, 11h07m
    All weekly charts -- including group ones -- should now be behaving themselves.

Darn Y2K6 bug... ;)

• smutek a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 9 jan. 2006, 13h39m

but...

...who told January must appears as the first month!?
    let's be more spontaneous, huh? :)

I like this feature ;p

x
Les utilisateurs anonymes ne peuvent pas poster de messages. Merci de vous connecter ou de créer un compte pour pouvoir intervenir dans les forums.