Forum » Web Site Support

ETA on adding of new songs/artists/albums?

• ksol1460 a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 28 sept. 2005, 3h25m

ETA on adding of new songs/artists/albums?

I seem to remember reading in the forums that the LastFM staff were not adding new artists or albums to the available music at this time (obviously until some of the worst bugs were ironed out, so that the music could run on flat bugs). Do you have an ETA on when you'll be able to begin adding new material again? Where do I file suggestions or requests? Thanks.

Neil is God. Thank you for pot smoking.
  • You gotta wait till the MusicBrainz integration is done. When will that be? Who knows.

• Russ a dit :...
    • Alumni
    • 28 sept. 2005, 11h09m
    Err, no... We were waiting for the streamer to be moved. Now the importer is running again.

• lozzd a dit :...
    • Alumni
    • 28 sept. 2005, 11h31m

Re:

Quoth Russ:
    Now the importer is running again.

Doesn't "The Importer" sound really cool? is that just me? just imagine it on a film trailer.. "This time, THE IMPORTER IS BACK FOR REVENGE"

I'll get my coat.

Want a fully customisable sig (like above?) CLICK HERE!
    Insert disclaimer here.
    • flaneur a dit :...
    • Alumni
    • 28 sept. 2005, 11h54m
    It'd be just like The Transporter but with less driving and more...uh...importing.

• Alumni
    • 28 sept. 2005, 12h14m

Re:

Quoth flaneur:
    It'd be just like The Transporter but with less driving and more...uh...importing.

Haha, yeah.

Insert disclaimer here.
    • spacefish a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 28 sept. 2005, 13h13m
    As long as the importer doesn't turn tracks inside out...

• so...is there a log file of what the importer is importing or ....

one day I know we'll be able to find out what new music has been added...until then I guess I'll wait patiently

• Kerensky97 a dit :...
    • Modérateur
    • 28 sept. 2005, 19h48m
    The Importer sounds kind of like a boring business title to me.
    "Yeah, I import urinal cakes from Guatamala. They're the king of Urinal cakes and I’m THE IMPORTER."
    ...gross

Anyway, will there be a way to request new artists and tracks?

It'd be awesome but if you guys get sick of the bellyaching now imagine how bad it will be when people start requesting music then have to wait a few weeks for it to show up on the radio.

All comments reflect the views of the poster and not of last.fm or it's management.

• Alumni
    • 28 sept. 2005, 23h24m

Re:

Quoth Kerensky97:
    The Importer sounds kind of like a boring business title to me.
    "Yeah, I import urinal cakes from Guatamala. They're the king of Urinal cakes and I’m THE IMPORTER."
    ...gross

Cuh. You have no imagination. :P

Insert disclaimer here.
    • AndyChrz a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 29 sept. 2005, 1h03m
    Sequel: THE EXPORTER.

Coming in 2008.

Here are the awesome record company groups that i lead here on Last.fm... Black Market Activities, Eulogy, Ferret, Ironclad, Lambgoat, Mediaskare, Metal Blade, Prosthetic, Roadrunner, Sumerian, Thorp, Trustkill, Willowtip
    • Alumni
    • 29 sept. 2005, 9h16m

Re:

Quoth AndyChrz:

Coming in 2008.

Haha.

Insert disclaimer here.
    • muz a dit :...
    • Alumni
    • 29 sept. 2005, 10h13m

Re:

Quoth AndyChrz:

Coming in 2008.

ACtually that would be pretty cool if last.fm could export data about music artists and such for use with other webservices, rather than just user data...

Such as RSS feeds of artist top tracks and weekly listens and whatnot, but I guess that my suggestion belongs elsewhere

EDIT: After actually checking, it seems I'm one stepbehind. It is already available..

Modifié par muz le 29 sept. 2005, 10h14m
    • Alumni
    • 29 sept. 2005, 10h17m

Re: Re:

Quoth mustaqila:
    Quoth AndyChrz:

Coming in 2008.

ACtually that would be pretty cool if last.fm could export data about music artists and such for use with other webservices, rather than just user data...

Such as RSS feeds of artist top tracks and weekly listens and whatnot, but I guess that my suggestion belongs elsewhere

EDIT: After actually checking, it seems I'm one stepbehind. It is already available..

How the hell did you not notice the gigantic IRC title WEBSERVICES NOW AVAILABLE and the fact everyones been talking about it for ages?! Fool :P

Insert disclaimer here.
    • muz a dit :...
    • Alumni
    • 29 sept. 2005, 11h30m

Re: Re: Re:

Quoth lozzd:
    How the hell did you not notice the gigantic IRC title WEBSERVICES NOW AVAILABLE and the fact everyones been talking about it for ages?! Fool :P

I knew that user feeds were available, I wasn't sure about artist feeds you moose :P

• Utilisateur
    • 4 oct. 2005, 6h25m

Re:

Quoth Kerensky97:
    ...gross

I AM IMPORT KING AND I WIN

Anyway, will there be a way to request new artists and tracks?

Yes, it would be great if when you search for an artist, and LastFM doesn't have him or her, the screen says so and there's a little checkbox with "Suggest This Artist" next to it, and the same for albums.

• Utilisateur
    • 4 oct. 2005, 6h34m
    Along the same lines, I would love to be notified when a particular album was added to the Artist's profile. I've been going through my collection and tagging albums I own. I know we're waiting for MB integration so with many albums it's just a matter of time that they'll show up here. A method to indicate to be notified of artists' recently added albums would be super.

• Mariannon a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 4 oct. 2005, 15h56m

Re:

Quoth spacefish:
    Along the same lines, I would love to be notified when a particular album was added to the Artist's profile. I've been going through my collection and tagging albums I own. I know we're waiting for MB integration so with many albums it's just a matter of time that they'll show up here. A method to indicate to be notified of artists' recently added albums would be super.

Mmm, I have asked for this in the past, not just specifically for an artist (you could have that as well) but a page where you could see what music has been added since the last time you looked. Some sort of timestamp on them would be great; when I used to look at the old music page artists I would listen to would be hidden amongst a load of artists I had never heard of and as they didn't ring any bells it was kinda hard to remember whether I had already looked at them.

I don't advocate violence, insanity, alcohol or drugs to anyone; but they've always worked for me.
    • Mariannon a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 10 oct. 2005, 11h14m

Quoth Mariannon:
    Quoth spacefish:

Mmm, I have asked for this in the past, not just specifically for an artist (you could have that as well) but a page where you could see what music has been added since the last time you looked. Some sort of timestamp on them would be great; when I used to look at the old music page artists I would listen to would be hidden amongst a load of artists I had never heard of and as they didn't ring any bells it was kinda hard to remember whether I had already looked at them.

It would be quite good if you could see immediately which of an artists tracks were available to stream too, while I'm thinking about it.

Admins, do you have any plans to implement any of this soon?

I don't advocate violence, insanity, alcohol or drugs to anyone; but they've always worked for me.
    • Russ a dit :...
    • Alumni
    • 10 oct. 2005, 11h37m
    We're certainly thinking about a "recently added music" page again.

• Utilisateur
    • 10 oct. 2005, 11h49m

Re:

Quoth Russ:

This would be an awesome addition!

• SideFlower a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 10 oct. 2005, 21h10m

Re:

Quoth Russ:

That would be fantastic! Looking forward to MusicBrainz integration as well!

How 'recently' would the recently added music page be though, and how often would it be updated? And where do you get the music you put on the streams from?

And how will requests for added music be dealt with please? May I suggest a button to replace 'This track is not yet streamable' with 'Request track for streaming'. My idea is that when there have been at least ten requests from separate users, it is added to a moderators "currently searching for music to stream" page (or something like that, a streaming waiting list) to give them some time and to stop hassle from impatient users. When it is found it is added by the moderators for streaming. Perhaps when you click on 'Request for streaming' on a track page you get the option to receive a 'track ready for streaming' message in your in-box, or something like that.

Just a suggestion. If there is some kind of moderation system for streaming then the songs that most people want to hear would get added, not just what you want us to hear.

Feedback is good. Thanks!

• Utilisateur
    • 24 oct. 2005, 18h58m

Re: "recently added music"

Quoth Russ:

you got my vote on that!

• Utilisateur
    • 4 nov. 2005, 22h49m

Quoth SideFlower:
    May I suggest a button to replace 'This track is not yet streamable' with 'Request track for streaming'.... Perhaps when you click on 'Request for streaming' on a track page you get the option to receive a 'track ready for streaming' message in your in-box, or something like that.

YES to everything SideFlower says. Users like to feel that they have as much control as possible, even within the draconian RIAA restrictions. This would help!

• Re: Re: "recently added music"

Quoth ksol1460:
    Quoth Russ:

you got my vote on that!

oh yes. yes yes. yes please. that would be so great.

"30,000 Leagues Under the Scene" out now: last.fm | Bandcamp
Les utilisateurs anonymes ne peuvent pas poster de messages. Merci de vous connecter ou de créer un compte pour pouvoir intervenir dans les forums.