Forum » Web Site Support

Not all played tracks scrobble

 
    • akrde a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 13 jan. 2009, 21h17m
    bayamus said:
    it's a server issue and, as mentioned, the flash player doesn't cache tracks so just use the client to play radio streams and you won't have the issue.


    I have the same problems with the flash player again (and again and again and again...) and if this damn flash player has no cache Last.HQ should add one finally to solve this problem forever or if they can't add a cache to the flash player they should get rid of it completely because then it is not usable for the Last.fm core feature:

    ====> SCROBBLING!!! <====

    • [Utilisateur supprimé] a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 13 jan. 2009, 22h13m
    Now part of the songs get scrobbled but the problem is still here :(

    • akrde a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 14 jan. 2009, 7h09m
    summerdreamin said:
    Now part of the songs get scrobbled but the problem is still here :(


    That exactly IS the problem!

    The flash player is very very unstable concerning the scrobbling functionality, so you never can trust it... :-(

  • akrde said:
    summerdreamin said:
    Now part of the songs get scrobbled but the problem is still here :(


    That exactly IS the problem!

    The flash player is very very unstable concerning the scrobbling functionality, so you never can trust it... :-(
    Sorry this keeps happening, we're having another look at what may be wrong here and will keep you updated on any progress.

    If just single tracks don't get scrobbled there doesn't seem to be much you can do unfortunately, but if it happens that the flash player isn't scrobbling any tracks for you over a longer period, try closing the page with the player and open it again in a new tab - this usually helps to get it scrobbling again.

    • kperfetto a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 14 jan. 2009, 15h10m
    I've noticed the flash player has more problems scrobbling in the morning afternoon hours (CST for me). This probably needs to go in the suggestions forum, but having the flash player cache would be great.

    Will beta test for food.
    Modifié par kperfetto le 14 jan. 2009, 21h29m
    • kperfetto a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 14 jan. 2009, 15h13m
    If just single tracks don't get scrobbled there doesn't seem to be much you can do unfortunately

    Usually this is the only problem: dropping one or two per hour maybe. Not a huge deal, but annoying nonetheless. Lately, it's been intermittent to bad. This morning, nothing.

    Will beta test for food.
    • [Utilisateur supprimé] a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 14 jan. 2009, 16h46m
    foreverautumn said:
    akrde said:
    summerdreamin said:
    Now part of the songs get scrobbled but the problem is still here :(


    That exactly IS the problem!

    The flash player is very very unstable concerning the scrobbling functionality, so you never can trust it... :-(
    Sorry this keeps happening, we're having another look at what may be wrong here and will keep you updated on any progress.

    If just single tracks don't get scrobbled there doesn't seem to be much you can do unfortunately, but if it happens that the flash player isn't scrobbling any tracks for you over a longer period, try closing the page with the player and open it again in a new tab - this usually helps to get it scrobbling again.


    Instead I experience more problems in the afternoon, BST. Usually, after 10 PM, almost all the songs get successfully scrobbled. I wonder if the servers, in the afternoons, get overloaded and cannot keep... track of all the requests they receive?
    I can guarantee that when I cannot scrobble, there's nothing I can do! I tried all the available browsers, different computers, cleared my cache, but sadly, there is no way :(

    • jkuri a dit :...
    • Abonné
    • 14 jan. 2009, 16h57m
    foreverautumn said:

    If just single tracks don't get scrobbled there doesn't seem to be much you can do unfortunately,


    I'm experiencing the same problem with scrobbling, but using a Sonos Music System. There are single tracks, that don't get scrobbled, in generelly, it works fine.

    The Sonos system has no cache for the scrobbler, so it seems, there are intermittent problems with the submission server.

    • [Utilisateur supprimé] a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 14 jan. 2009, 17h28m
    Still Happening Today Through In Site Flash Player :(( But Thanks For Your Help foreverautumn :) :)

    • anagramsci a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 14 jan. 2009, 19h20m
    the scrobbler is especially screwed up right now

    "The hardest part is things already said"
    --Sleater-Kinney
    • [Utilisateur supprimé] a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 14 jan. 2009, 19h37m
    anagramsci said:
    the scrobbler is especially screwed up right now


    Yes, totally!

  • This happens to me as well. I've been listening to the Flash player on the site (in my case, a station for one particular artist). It seems like only ~50% of the tracks played scrobble. Even ones I mark as "love" may show up on my profile but not as played... I didn't think it was supposed to do this. Anyway, my actual media player seems to work mostly fine (Songbird).

    • caliaa a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 14 jan. 2009, 22h23m
    I'm using LastPod and my files are not being submitted since yesterday. Before yesterday, I didn't notice any mayor problem.

    And what exactly is a dream?
    And what exactly is a joke?

    • caliaa a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 14 jan. 2009, 22h34m
    "I'm using LastPod and my files are not being submitted since yesterday. Before yesterday, I didn't notice any mayor problem. "
    edit: using the browser works normally

    And what exactly is a dream?
    And what exactly is a joke?

    • lml a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 15 jan. 2009, 8h39m
    If it kinda helps for you, I had the same problem than mentioned above with in-site player and now (just 4 songs ago :p) it started scrobbling again, so thanks a lot! :)

    LOL, it's incredible how we depend of scrobbling U_U xD

    • clocsen a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 15 jan. 2009, 9h31m
    Like jkuri I am having this problem with Sonos. Almost always single tracks are dropped, but I just had four tracks in a row dropped, which is why I came looking here (the next four have all scrobled correctly). Oddly enough, every time I start a new radio station the second track always seems to be dropped.

    • [Utilisateur supprimé] a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 15 jan. 2009, 17h27m
    Still experiencing troubles... anyone else?

  • summerdreamin said:
    Still experiencing troubles... anyone else?
    I had problems myself earlier on, but it's been working fine now. Is it working better for you now, too?

    • clocsen a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 15 jan. 2009, 18h37m
    foreverautumn said:
    I had problems myself earlier on, but it's been working fine now. Is it working better for you now, too?

    No, worse if anything.

  • clocsen said:
    foreverautumn said:
    I had problems myself earlier on, but it's been working fine now. Is it working better for you now, too?

    No, worse if anything.
    Have you tried re-starting the player/re-opening the page with the player and maybe logging out and in again on the site since?

    • [Utilisateur supprimé] a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 15 jan. 2009, 18h50m
    foreverautumn said:
    summerdreamin said:
    Still experiencing troubles... anyone else?
    I had problems myself earlier on, but it's been working fine now. Is it working better for you now, too?


    Yes.... now it seems all my songs get properly scrobbled! :D Hope it will continue this way, I'll keep you up to date!!! THANKS :)

    • clocsen a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 15 jan. 2009, 18h56m
    Have you tried re-starting the player/re-opening the page with the player and maybe logging out and in again on the site since?

    No, but I shall give this a go.

    • clocsen a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 15 jan. 2009, 21h51m
    No, but I shall give this a go.

    Having said that, the Sonos system I am using is a set of inter-connected stand-alone boxes (no PC involved) and short of turning them all off I'm not sure I can log in/log out.

    Anyway, I gave it a rest for a couple of hours and then replayed an album I had played earlier on. Result: 100% tracks captured (50% previously).

    I then started up a radio station, the first two tracks were not captured, but the next 9 were, including a change of station, until my system crashed (it happens!). On restarting, the first two radio tracks again were not captured.

    I'm now going to do something more useful with the rest of my day :).

    • akrde a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 16 jan. 2009, 7h04m
    foreverautumn said:
    akrde said:
    summerdreamin said:
    Now part of the songs get scrobbled but the problem is still here :(


    That exactly IS the problem!

    The flash player is very very unstable concerning the scrobbling functionality, so you never can trust it... :-(
    Sorry this keeps happening ...


    Yes, but it keeps happening much to often and some third party scrobblers are more stable than the one in your own flash player! What a shame...

    • anagramsci a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 19 jan. 2009, 16h37m
    screwed up again

    "The hardest part is things already said"
    --Sleater-Kinney
Les utilisateurs anonymes ne peuvent pas poster de messages. Merci de vous connecter ou de créer un compte pour pouvoir intervenir dans les forums.