Forum » Web Site Support

76 min. track not scrobbling

• mikael631 a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 15 mai 2012, 0h05m

76 min. track not scrobbling

Sorry if this is a known issue, but a quick search of the FAQ and forums didn't turn up anything...

I've got a "continuous mix" of an album that runs 76 min. plus. It's included with the "normal" breakout of tracks in the iTunes album download. The album is Fahrenheit Project Part Seven; and the track is named "Fahrenheit Project Part 7 (continuous mix)". Doh!

I've played it a couple of times. The plays show in iTunes, but not on Last.fm.

I vaguely remember a thread about classical tracks that exceeded some maximum time length for scrobbling. Or maybe not. Thought maybe I'd run up against this limit. The weird thing is, the track does have a Last.fm page:
    http://www.last.fm/music/Various+Artists/Fahrenheit+Project+Part+7/Fahrenheit+Project+part+7+%28Continuous+Mix%29
    ...and a few people have added the track to playlists, though it shows no listeners and no scrobbles!?

...so is there a time limit on track length?

• dankine a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 15 mai 2012, 0h11m
    no.

is it tagged properly?
    is it in your cache?

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities"
    "I don't want to believe, I want to know"

Auto Corrections Group
    • Utilisateur
    • 15 mai 2012, 1h03m
    Not tagged by me. Cache?

Just submitted it again, along with the rest of the day's iPod plays. Last.fm scrobbler listed it to be scrobbled, but it didn't make it to the website.

• snyde1 a dit :...
    • Abonné
    • 15 mai 2012, 3h06m
    The band name "Various Artists" is one of the forbidden names. That could be why it's not scrobbling, though apparently some people have done it.

Improve your view of Last.fm - add some User Scripts.
    Did I hear that right? Mondegreens - for the misheard word. Like Odds? Can't get better than Even Odds!

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
    • Utilisateur
    • 15 mai 2012, 21h21m
    Thanks for the pointer. It would be messy. "Various Artists" as a group, I mean. Should have been obvious. LOL.

Les utilisateurs anonymes ne peuvent pas poster de messages. Merci de vous connecter ou de créer un compte pour pouvoir intervenir dans les forums.